by Erica Garza
If you loved gummy bears as a kid, you’re likely to understand the appeal of CBD gummies. A recent study by Grand View Research shows that the market for CBD gummies is projected to be worth $13.9 billion by 2028. But what makes a gummy sell? Take a look at consumer preferences to find out what works best when it comes to ingredients, flavors, packaging and other factors that may impact your product’s success.
Who Is the CBD Gummy Customer, Anyway?
Before we jump into why gummies are so popular, it’s helpful to know who the interested consumer is. Industry insights into U.S. CBD users from the Brightfield Group tell us the following about the average CBD gummy consumer:
- Age range: CBD gummy customers tend to be millennials and Generation X
- Desired effects: Less stress, better sleep, pain relief
- Frequency: Consumers prefer to take gummies daily
On a mission to relieve stress, pain and insomnia, consumers are likely to look for ingredients that promote health and wellness, not hinder it. Steering clear of high-fructose corn syrup and other artificial sweeteners will help support their health goals, including better sleep. Preferred ingredients are all-natural, organic, plant-based and gluten-free, and do not include preservatives or pesticides.
When it comes to flavoring, artificial is out. Natural sweeteners like organic cane sugar and real fruit juice are preferred, kind of like those gummy bears we loved as kids (without any of the gunk). Positioning your gummy as something different than the norm, something purer, healthier and better tasting, will help your gummy stand apart.
Packaging Dos and Don’ts
When it comes to packaging and labeling, clarity and accuracy matters. Here are some packaging dos and don’ts to consider:
- Showcase your brand’s personality
- Clearly demarcate the strength (mg) of the product and provide serving size guidelines
- Highlight well-sourced ingredients with eye-catching callouts like “plant-based” where applicable
- Provide information on the source of CBD/hemp.
- Never make unsubstantiated claims about health benefits
- Resist the urge to overcrowd packaging with unnecessary messages or distracting visuals
- Avoid packaging that allows light to penetrate or doesn’t seal well.
GenCanna CBD gummies offer a competitive edge over typical CBD gummies. Made with organic fruit and vegetable juice, pure cane sugar and organic tapioca, our premium gummies are 100% plant-based and contain no gluten, no preservatives and no artificial sweeteners. If you’re looking to upgrade your current gummy product to something more natural, our gummies are the smarter, more innovative solution. Your differentiation is in our formulation!
To find out more about what makes GenCanna Gummies unique, click here to send us your questions or request a meeting.
Erica Garza is a writer and editor specializing in health and wellness. Her articles have appeared in TIME, Health, Women’s Health, Glamour and VICE. She lives in Los Angeles.
©2021 GenCanna, Winchester, KY
Grand View Research – CBD Gummies Market Worth $13.9 Billion By 2028
Brightfield Group – CBD & Cannabis Consumer Data
Cannabiz Media – What Consumers Want From CBD Brands
Federal Trade Commission – FTC Announces Crackdown on Deceptively Marketed CBD Products