Job Opening: Shipper Receiver
Classification – Nonexempt | Salary – $15.00/hr | Supervisor – Kentucky Production Manager | Shift – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Shipper Receiver at our global headquarters. In this role, the Shipper Receiver works closely with the Kentucky Production Manager and Sales Team to ensure timely shipment of all customer orders and accuracy in all incoming deliveries. This role also helps maintain company reputation by guaranteeing that we are providing the best service possible to our customers.
Shipper Receiver responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Prepare identifying information and necessary documentation for each shipment.
Pack goods to be shipped.
Coordinate with carriers to schedule all shipments and provide carriers with required information.
Monitor and track all shipments.
- Sign delivery slips and assist with unloading as necessary.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate departments.
- Verify that all incoming deliveries accurately reflect packaging slips and are free from damage.
- Document all damaged deliveries using the appropriate paperwork and coordinate with purchasing authority to rectify the order.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts to unload packages from containers.
- Maintain necessary files and records related to shipping and receiving functions.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry.
- Ability to safely life and move boxes up to 55 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat and kneel
- Demonstrated experience with UPS, Freight and UPS WorldShip shipping software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanor.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.