Job Opening: Kentucky Production Manager
Classification - Exempt | Salary – Commensurate with experience | Supervisor – CEO and President | Shift – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Kentucky Production Manager at our global headquarters. In this role, the Kentucky Production Manager works closely with the Production Team, Chief Sales Officer and Chief Science Officer to ensure all regulations and standards are met through testing, inspections and record keeping. This role also helps maintain company reputation by guaranteeing that we are producing the quality ingredients GenCanna is known for.
Production Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Production Department.
- Organize and plan optimum daily production schedules; set and achieve production goals.
- Lead troubleshooting and problem solving efforts through team meeting and on-the-floor leadership to effectively change systems and procedures through the process of continual improvement.
- Work closely with the Sales Team and Customer Service to ensure customer needs are met from product performance, quality, cost and timely shipment of orders.
Regulatory Compliance and Quality Control
- Oversee and monitor control systems for compliance with policies and procedures of quality assurance and food safety including, but not limited to, GMP, SOP, SSOP, HACCP, Pest Control and SQF.
- Evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of control systems and recommend improvements as needed.
- Collaborate with various departments to monitor enforcement of regulations and standards.
- Conduct routine inspections and audits and assist with third party inspections and audits.
- Identify training and educational needs necessary to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate quality assurance standards and update and/or draft policies as necessary.
- Regularly review all inspection systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure finished product quality through testing and inspections.
- Manage employees directly and through supervisors concerning selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Develop and/or adopt and implement motivating techniques to increase Production personnel efficiency.
- Lead by example.
- Responsible for record keeping according to established SOPs and reporting of data to senior management.
- Maintain production and testing database for documentation purposes.
- Actively participate in management meeting to promote overall company success.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university.
- Direct production management experience.
- 5+ years of compliance and or quality control experience in agriculture, food, pharmaceutical or related industry.
- HACCP, GMP, SSOP and SQF certification preferred.
- Familiarity with USDA and FDA regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Database software.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanor.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.