Job Opening: Production Manager
Classification - Exempt | Salary – Commensurate with experience | Supervisor – Chief Sales Officer | Shift – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Product Manager at our global headquarters. In this role, the Product Manager works closely with the Chief Sales Officer and Chief Science Officer to manage all aspects of product development, from researching potential products to product launches.
Product Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Sales and Marketing
- Assess market competition by comparing company products with those of competitors.
- Provide source data for product specifications, descriptions, marketing material and packaging.
- Assess product market data through evaluation calls with customer’s sales team.
- Introduce new products by developing integrated plans with sales, marketing, and production.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; review production and sales costs; anticipate volume; cost special and customized orders.
Research and Development
- Determine customer needs by specifying the research required to obtain market information.
- Recommend nature and scope of current and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas, and evaluating product and packaging modifications.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Facilitate inventor turnover and product availability through reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Assess manufacturing partners and identify vendors for all products.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, manufacturing, or a related field from a 4-year college or university.
- 2 + years product management experience; including new product development and product launch.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product design, manufacturing and supply-chain functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project Management Software.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanor.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.