Job Opening: Building & Grounds Specialist
Classification - Nonexempt | Salary – DOE | Supervisor – General Manager | Shift – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Building and Grounds Specialist at our global headquarters. In this role, the Building and Grounds Specialist works under the direction of the General Manager to improve and maintain the functionality and appearance of both the inside and outside of our campus.
Building and Grounds Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Weekly mowing of campus lawns as required according to season.
Assist in landscape design and plant selection.
Implement and maintain landscape designs including planting, fertilizing, pruning and watering.
Perform outdoor pest, insect and weed control.
Remove trash and debris from grounds by cleaning up litter, sweeping sidewalks and parking lots, raking leaves and clean gutters and downspouts.
Clean walkways, signs and buildings using a power washer.
Paint walls, doors and trim as necessary.
Patch holes and cracks.
Assess condition of heating and cooling systems to increase efficiency.
Perform preventative maintenance on building systems and appliances.
Replace floor tiles as necessary.
Log all activities through work orders.
Make recommendations for maintenance equipment purchases.
General building maintenance including plumbing, replacing light bulbs, and minor repairs.
Sweep, mop and dust facility regularly.
Strip, wax and seal floors as needed.
Wash inside and outside of windows.
Clean kitchen and bathrooms.
Empty trash bins.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 + years of grounds and building maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Must have a valid Kentucky driver’s license.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanor.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to safely lift and move boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat and knell.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to work while wearing protective gear.
- Ability to operate power equipment and manual equipment.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.